Saturday, December 12, 2009

Joyeux Anniversaire.

We met on a sultry night at this time of the year.
It was the kind of night when the warm air whispers a thousand promises in your ear.
I saw him and felt hundreds of gossamer butterfly wings come to life in my tummy.
We shared a drink, conversation and a walk home together.
The city slumbered around us.
This is the time for lovers, he told me.
We shared a kiss in an old wooden doorway.
You are beautiful in this dress, he whispered into my hair.
He played a song on his guitar when we reached his rambling home.

And she lets the river answer
That you've always been her lover.

As the sun rose we sat side by side, sipping inky coffee.
Trying not to stare.
Blushing over what we had just shared.
He brought me back to life.
I want you to stay forever, he whispered as I was leaving.
I did.

Bon Anniversaire to my Better Half!




3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Have fun celebrating, you two xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous post. Happy anniversary to you! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I just realised that during recent computer problems I have lost your email address, can you please email it to me? x

    ReplyDelete